Okay, okay, I promise, this is the last of the Easter clothes posts ;) It just seemed too long to post them all at once...And, unintentionally it ended up being a lot of making! Phew, I hope I still have enough energy to make some more kid's clothes for KCWC!!
Anyway, so the pants...Darn, they are cute and super simple!
It's not new news that I love the "Sewing for Boys" Treasure pocket pants...you can see a pair here and here. The pockets, oh the pockets, what's not to love? But, alas for the sake of time and because I wanted a pair of pants that were a bit dressier I decided to do without the big cargo-like pockets.
I still used the pattern for the Treasure pocket pants but I added about two inches (I think) to the side of each leg to account for the side panels. Before I put the pants together I drew a simple curved pocket and traced that pattern onto my accent fabric and the outside fabric. Then I sewed them right sides together, turned them right side out and pressed them. Before I attached the pockets to the pant fronts I edge stitched along the part of the pocket that was going to be the opening. Next, I pinned the pockets onto the pant fronts. I used the inseam as my guide of sorts and lined the curved part of the pocket up with the bottom of the faux fly. After the pockets were in place I edge stitched the pockets onto the fronts of the pants except for the bottom outside straight edge, that was sewn into the seam between the front and back panels.
Here's a peek at the inside of the pockets...
After the pockets were added to the front I finished stitching the pants up the same way as before with the contrast waistband and all and added some sewn cuffs.
And, the daffodils...were made for the whole family using my tutorial! Both kids (not necessarily husband) loved their flowers!