Hello again! Today brings our second Backyard ART Camp project of the week. And it's a beauty!
We are joined, today, by Courtney of Mon Petit Lyons, she and her boys are making mosaics inspired by the architectural works of Antoni Gaudi.
I can't quite remember when Courtney and I first "met", but she and I have been reading each others blogs for quite some time now. I think, perhaps, that she first caught my eye during one of the Kids Clothes Week challenges where she made something awesome for her boys! Courtney whips up stylish and adorable clothes for her big boys, and now her little baby boy too! She and I seem to have the same affinity for Treasure Pocket Pants! I love these two pairs that she's made recently...
Aside from sewing clothes, Courtney is also an amazing quilter and has made so many beautiful blocks and quilts that it's nearly impossible to pick a favorite, although, I do love this one made of Japanese handkerchiefs so very much... She's also whipped up some pretty amazing pouches, embroidery, fabric baskets, and gifts (that one at the bottom was for me and I love it so much!)
But, aside from Courtney's fabulous sewing skills she is also such an amazing hands on mama. She's been holding mama pajama school for her boys over the summer and recently started a World tour where they have been exploring different parts of the world through food, art, books and more. What a great way to get kids learning about new places. She's also filled with loads of fun art ideas to do with her boys... I do have to say that I am jealous of how organized she is with her kids craft supplies...I need to take a lesson!
Have you been creating at home too? Don't forget to share with us, we love to see the inspiration keep moving forward! Use the hashtag #backyardartcamp if you share elsewhere, too. Don't forget to follow along with us on our Pinterest board where we are gathering all the projects in one place.
Here is everything we have done already, it's quite an inspired list:
- found object art-inspired canvases decorated with nature walk treasures with a happy stitch
- picture and art books to get the creativity flowing
- pointillism inspired paintings with something other than a paint brush with me.
- christo-inspired backyard decorations with fabric scraps with crafting connections
- kiddie kandinsky art with my life at playtime
- henri rousseau-inspired mixed media installation from the crafty kitty
- Graphite and Collage Figure Art inspired by Lisa Congdon and Jaime Zollars with the talented Miranda of Miranda Makes
- andy goldsworthy-inspired rock sculptures with dawn from simple things notebook
- gathered river rocks to create Geninne Zlatkis inspired hand drawn rocks with Stephinie from Gypsy Forest
- carla from small + friendly
- sanae from sanae ishdia
- jennet from feathered nest studio
- tara from girl like the sea